- Start Date : 9th September 2020 (Continuous)
- Time : Wednesday & Thursday 9:00am to 10:30am
- Price : £ 10.00 per month (Cash payment also accepted)
- Location : Darul Arqam, 16 Thurmaston Lane, Leicester LE5 0TE
- Entry requirements : Ability To Read The Quran
- Tutor : Ustadhah Nausheen Naveed
- Students (all levels) 9.00am-10.30am
- Teachers 10.30am-11.30am
“Recite the Quran with a distinct measured recitation” (Al-Muzammil : 4)
This particular verse is a direct command to recite the Quran with correct pronunciation and rules. The consensus of the Islamic scholars is that it is incumbent (wajib) to recite the Quran with correct pronunciation. Others have said it is obligatory (fard ). When our Master Ali (may Allah be pleased with him); was asked about the meaning of ‘Al-Tajweed’ he replied that it is perfecting the letters and knowing when to stop.
This course will teach students the rules of correct pronunciation. In addition, there will be time set aside to listen to each student individually aiming to practically apply the rules during acquisition.
Emphasis will be given to the correct pronunciation of each individual letter, clearly demarcating between different categories of letters such as the elevated letters and lower letters. By completion of the course, students will be able to read the Quran proficiently, implementing all the rules of al-Tajweed. Use will also be made of the famous didactic poetry teaching the rules of al-Tajweed ; al-Jazariyyah. This will be supplemented by notes prepared by the teacher explaining the rules and exits of the letters.
To set up monthly payment for this course please click here