- Start Date: Monday 4th October 2021
- Time : 8pm to 9:30pm
- Price: £ 30.00 per month (£30 x 12 months)
- Location: Darul Arqam, 16 Thurmaston Ln, LE5 0TE – Online
- Entry requirements: None
- Tutor: Sheikh Muhammed Zaqir
Leicester & Peterborough: Tuesdays 7pm – 9.30pm
The intellectual centres of the Muslim world such as Kufa, Basra, Khorasan and Andalus are established in history as beacons of light during a period in which Europe was engulfed in darkness, which historians have, quite rightly, termed ‘The Dark Ages’. Today, one thousand four hundred years later, the world is again witnessing the renaissance in the field of education. The ever increasing challenges created by the impact of global communications and new modes of learning only highlight further the pressing need for a positive and dynamic approach to the human quest for knowledge. It is now an accepted fact that a large number of Muslims are living amid the modern pluralist societies of Europe.
Fusing that which is praiseworthy from Western scholarship with Islamic scholarship, we hope that it will be from here that the greatest pioneering developments will take place benefiting both the Muslim societies and the host society.
· To develop a sound grounding in the Islamic Sciences
· To develop a foundation in Islamic Studies with a focus on Da’wah/ Community work
- To demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the details concerning the technical and historical significance of the Sciences of the Quran, Sciences of Hadith, and the Principles of Jurisprudence (Usul al-Fiqh)
- To become proficient and confident in all areas of Fiqh al-Ibadat
- To be able to recall and articulate the fundamentals of Aqidah al-Islamiyyah along with their intellectual and scriptural proofs
- To memorise the 40 Hadith of Imam al-Nawawi in Arabic and English, as well as being able to recall key areas of commentary on each Hadith
- To recognise and recall the fundamentals of Da’wah, and demonstrate understanding by considering its application in contemporary society
- To know and apply the rules of Tajweed
- To have committed the last Juz of the Quran to Memory
- To explore the concept of Islamic Spirituality/ Ihsan as outlined by Imam al-Ghazali, and evaluate how it can be internalised and applied in everyday situations
The content will be a traditional syllabus teaching some of the most advanced and authoritative texts in each science. Each faculty area will concentrate on only that subject enabling the student to gain proficiency in each area. This is in contrast to the syllabi prevalent many Islamic institutions and universities whereby the student is expected to study approximately fifteen different subjects every year.
*This course is only suitable for those who have graduated from the Islamic Studies Diploma
TO Setup your monthly direct debit payment: Click Here
Further Course Information